An assessment, similar to a survey, can be an invaluable tool for you and your business. Both provide you with client data to use, while assessments allow you to take things a step further and offer expert feedback and tailored results to your clients. Are you looking to foster greater engagement with your current clients, or bring in new ones with ease? It might be time for you to try using assessments! Below, we’ll take a look at some of the main differences between assessments and surveys, and how to best utilize an assessment.
Surveys: A one-way street
A survey is intended for one main purpose – to gather information that the survey creators can use. Therefore, feedback to the respondent of the survey is typically limited to a “thank you” or “the survey is complete.” That’s not very personal!
Common uses for surveys include:
- Customer service – How was your experience at our store or with our work?
- Product feedback – How did your recent purchase work out for you?
- Scientific – surveys intended to gather data on a particular topic for research or a study
In each of these cases, the respondent answers the questions and the data goes to the survey author, who typically analyzes the aggregated data. This type of information-gathering is typically used if you’re not interested in what any individual responses are, but rather the data as a whole.
Assessment Generator can certainly be used for this type of survey, but it offers so much more in terms of customer engagement and feedback.
If you’re looking for something more than a survey, and to really have a meaningful conversation and relationship with new or potential customers, an assessment may be just the thing for your business.
Assessments: A Conversation
An assessment is unique in that, in addition to answering questions, respondents can receive direct feedback from you. This feedback is the secret sauce that makes an assessment such a powerful engagement and lead generation tool.
So, how does it work? Once a respondent submits an assessment, Assessment Generator calculates a score based on how the user answered the questions. As the author of the assessment, you get to decide how to define this score. It could be a combination of different responses to each question, or involve different categories to be scored throughout. Let’s take a look at the multitude of options available to you with Assessment Generator:
After the score is calculated, the user receives feedback either on-screen or via email telling them how they scored and what their score means. It’s that last part — your expert evaluation of them based on how they answered your questions — that provides enormous value to your respondent.
This exchange also greatly benefits you:
- This relationship forms a basis for further conversation. When you reach out to them again, it will be in the context of already having communicated with them and provided direct feedback. No more cold calling or emailing!
- Your analysis of their results demonstrates your expertise and establishes your credibility with the respondent.
- Delivery of the report establishes a relationship with the prospect. When they receive their report, your prospect has received something of legitimate value from you, for free! This makes them more likely to want to return the favor, and respond to future communications from you.
- Your report can also invite your prospect to contact you to learn more about their assessment results.
Assessments can also be used to engage your website visitors that want to know more about what services you offer. Having your website visitors “test themselves” via an assessment, without obligation, is a terrific way to prove your value, gain their respect, and keep them coming back.
Automate your Lead Generation
You can completely automate your lead generation process with Assessment Generator. No, we’re not kidding! Instead of spending hours doing one-on-one evaluations and free consultations, try using an assessment to help find the clients that fit best with your offerings.
Automation is efficient and will save both you and your clients valuable time, effort, and headaches! An automated assessment frees you up to really focus on your passion for helping people to reach their goals. Isn’t that why you went into business in the first place?
Ready to get started? Use the buttons below to set up a free account at Assessment Generator, or schedule a one-on-one meeting with our experts to learn more about us!
Cindy Sideris is a NY-based writer passionate about engagement marketing and an expert on online assessment strategy. She spent 8+ years writing and managing events at NYU, currently helps startups at 43North, and loves to tweet about tech and theater at https://twitter.com/cindys13.